Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I have Lupus

I have been living with this disease all my life. I've watched my mother go threw kemo therapy for Lupus for many years. I lived with pain in my joints, had no energy most of the time, with MAJOR pain through out my stomach. I thought I was in pain and felt run down from my life style,football, drinking and I was a DJ on weekends, just going none stop.
Well I was wrong.
Let me start by saying the doctors in this country are so messed up and confused. I say confused for many reasons which we'll talk about later. As I said earlier Lupus is very hard to diagnose. So hard It took many surgerys and doctor visits and many visits to the emergancy room, to have a doctor put his arm around me and say "There is nothing we can do, I'm sorry". My heart fell into my sneakers. I said "what what do I have" He looked at me and said "you have Lupus-systemic lupus erythematosus". White blood cells fix the body. My white blood cells are constantly attacking other white cells. If I get a cold I have it for a month or two. I can't get sick that is very important. Stay away from sick people. Because My body can't fight off anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment