Friday, July 17, 2009
Lupus and it's affects the brain?
One out of five people, I must be one of the five, with lupus experiences headaches, dizziness, memory disturbances, stroke, seizures or behavior shifts that result from changes in the brain or other parts of the central nervous system. I have every one except the stroke, which may have happened I don't know, need to get that looked into. These people have what is called "neuropsychiatric" or "central nervous system" lupus, This is the type of Lupus my mother was diagnosed with, possibly a result in part from lupus antibodies that attack nerve cells or blood vessels, slowing or interrupting the flow of oxygen-rich blood and injuring the nervous system. Symptoms develop depending on where (and to what extent) the damaged cells are located. Although brain involvement often signals a worse prognosis, researchers are making headway in figuring out how this happens, and what to do about it. I love to read aabout doctors knowing what to do about this. Why haven't they told my mother. She suffers everyday. I'm getting tired of the doctors in NEW YORK, They really suck. Please if anyone is reading this if you have a doctor in NY/ LONG ISLAND please, please look into his background, I promise 1 out of every 3 people will be stunned, shocked, then hurt mad, then pissed off. My fingures are hurting again need to stop. Peace love to all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment