Wednesday, July 15, 2009

No Cure

There is no cure for SLE. Treatment is aimed at controlling symptoms. Your individual symptoms determine your treatment.
Mild disease that involves a rash, headaches, fever, arthritis, pleurisy, and pericarditis requires little therapy. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) are used to treat arthritis and pleurisy. Corticosteroid creams are used to treat skin rashes. An anti-malaria drug called hydroxychloroquine) and low dose corticosteroids are sometimes used for skin and arthritis symptoms.
You should wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen when in the sun.
Severe or life-threatening symptoms (such as hemolytic anemia, extensive heart or lung involvement, kidney disease, or central nervous system involvement) often require treatment by a rheumatologist and other specialists in the specific area. Corticosteroids or medications to decrease the immune system response may be prescribed to control the various symptoms. Some health care professionals use cytotoxic drugs (drugs that block cell growth) to treat people who do not respond well to corticosteroids or who must use high doses of corticosteroids. Most medications don't help. The pain keeps on, the swelling stops when it wants to, fatigue sets in one hours after I open my eyes in the morning. Then there are nights like tonight when I can't fall asleep because I rested so much during the day. It's a vicous cycle. My doctor put me on steroids for the swelling, no change noticed after 3 weeks. Then they gave me something that they would give to people with Malaria. It gave me seizures. Yes I also for some reason have grand mal seizures. In a coma for a month and a week. More on that later. Pain meds cause problems, You become addicted and the meds are so strong that when you miss a dose or two I show signs of a full blown addict. Which is killing me inside both mentally and physiclly. I'm not a drug addict but it feels that way sometimes. Doctors need to understand this. There should be some kind of counsolling along with the meds. Remember there is No Cure, doctors can only treat your symptoms and most wont. get into that later...it hurst....it hurts real bad...my fingures are killing me. It feels like someone has broken 4 of my fingures. I truly can't do this anymore to early for pain meds so I'm gonna stop typing. wow

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to this great herbal doctor who cured me of LUPUS DISEASE his name is Dr. Iyabiye. I suffered LUPUS for over 12 years with pains like: Achy joints, Skin rash, Pain in the chest, swollen joints and many more. The anti-inflammatory drugs couldn’t help, until I read about his recommendation 4 months ago, I contacted him and he administered his medication on me and I was confirmed cured and free at the hospital after taken his medication. You too can be cured if interested. Contacts: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com
    (+2348072229413 / +2348158577300)

    ReplyDelete